Tuesday, January 24, 2006

That's the rub, isn't it?

Ah, student life--a never ending series of things that are "totally righteous" and a multitude of others that are a "load of crap." Here is but a sampling of ups and downs this week thus far:

1. :( My friend Melissa's boyfriend is from Ecuador and when he overheard me speaking the meagre amount of Spanish I know this past weekend, he said something like "Tienes un accento muy bien! hablas espanol?" Um...I used to be able to "hablar Espanol," but the only phrase I could remember on the spot was "Mis pantalones estan cayendo todos los dias! (My pants fall down every day)."

2. :) I've actually managed to work out (like...at a gym) three times a week for the past two weeks. You may want to copy and paste that statement somewhere.

3. :(/:) The Bistro was out of triple chip mint chocolate chip cookies today. It was the perfect opportunity to break the bonds of Pilsbury-dough-boy addiction forever, but I instead went with the peanut butter chocolate chip cookie and subsidized it with some peppermint tea. It just wasn't the same.

4. :) Today I saw a snow sculpture of (oh my God I'm cracking up just typing this) MR. PEANUT on campus today. Where was my camera?!?! It had a monacle and everything.

5. :( I should be doing the six thousand pages of reading I have for my qualitative research methods class tomorrow morning instead of writing this. Old habits die hard.

6. :) In reading this crazily over-my-head post-modern (Po-Mo) theory piece about identity, culture, and "home" as a social construct today, I came across some kind of gay rights theater resistance group called the "Po-Mo Afro Homos." All I could manage to pen in the margins was "oh no you didn't!" followed by a smiley face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home