Sunday, February 12, 2006

Nor'easters, Harvard Dorm Rooms, and The Best Valentine's Day Ever...

First off, please note the "Tanya as a South Park character" above. I especially love the Sleater-Kinney tee shirt and Ipod attached to the hip. My roomates found this website and spent hours creating South Park avatars of each other. I find it a bit scary how similar the cartoon is the actual Tanya. I will resist giving you the link, lest you waste precious hours of your day doing this yourself...

In other news, you may have heard that the East Coast got slammed with a huge "Nor'easter," which is apparently New Englandese for "big ass snow storm that your little green wool coat and canvas slip-ons will not protect you against." Naturally, I chose this weekend to go into Boston to see my friend Preeti's play and chill with Kentwood doggs Bria and Tony. This morning I ran to the T station through knee-deep snow that pelted my face and flew furiously up my nose. My eyebrows were all frozen and caked with snow, which made me look like something that just stepped out of a Jack London novel.

Last night I went to a really cool show put on by South Asian American Harvard students. Preeti had the opening act in a series of short monologues that dealt with the theme of "Innocence Lost." My favorite monologue involved a kid lamenting about the "Bhagavat Gita: Animated Series" lunchbox his parents made him carry around until college. I'll post pictures soon. After the show we went to the cast party, an event which confirmed my suspicion that undergrads all over the world are pretty much the same. Let's just say that despite the thoughtful, intelligent, and activist driven nature of the play, the night pretty much devolved into underaged kids getting schnockered, nailing each other with "Super Soaker 220" water guns, and puking violently on the carpet of an institutional-looking dorm room. I'm getting waaaay to old for this....

Finally, I have declared Valentine's Day 2006 to be the BEST EVER--I haven't felt this much love before the big V in years. Leia, Casey, and my friend Bridget have all asked me to be their valentines. Take a number people! I've decided that IDCE will be my valentine this year. I realized the other day how well we've all gotten to know each other in the past 6 months, and how special and amazing everyone is in their own way. I admit that I got a little choked up last Friday when Jason and Linda echoed my sentiments in a meeting where we were discussing our department's "culture."

Anyway, I better get crackin' on school stuff. Happy Valentine's Day, and watch out for pictures soon.

I CHOO-CHOO-CHOOSE YOU, GRAD SCHOOL!!!


TKP

2 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

TKPapaya: I can't even tell you how hard I laughed at your South Park character. Dude, it IS you! I was weirded out and very confused at first but I keep coming back to your weblog just to look at it. Share that site with me!

xoxox

pssst: happy V-day :)

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Ahahhahahaahaha. Ouch, my side hurts from laughing!

I agree with Sonya - it's the spittin' image of TKP, and I have come back three times today to check it out again!

I immediately googled "South Park Character" and found the site...and proceded to waste 3 hours of my time. I did one of myself, one of Isaac, one of Page, one of Masud...oh God, I can't stop! It's taking over my mind!!!

BTW I sent out the shaw art on Monday, I hope it gets there in "u-an pees".

ktz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home