Deja Vu
I am loopy on vicodin and immobilized with pain once again! Its exactly like the mid-point of LAST semester, but its happening at the mid-point of THIS semester. Aaarrrrggghh!
I was in immense pain from Sunday through Tuesday morning after our fabulous Luau party Saturday and had to visit the dreaded UMASS surgical ward again. They determined that my cyst thing was re-infected and they'd have to re-operate. Though I begged the doctor tearfully not to do that to me again, he said that he felt it would be "medical malpractice to let me walk out with nothing but antibiotics." So again I was made to endure the horrific procedure. The worst part, ironically, are the six injections they give you for the local anasthetic. I knew it would be bad, so I wore this special necklace for bravery that my friend Anowara made for me in Bangladesh. I think it actually helped.
Anyway,this couldn't have come at a worse time. Christie and Peggy are coming tomorrow, and I'm unable to do much but hobble around like a pirate who has misplaced his wooden leg. Whoa, did I use this analogy last time I was sick? Deja vu man...


2 Comments:
Hi,
I bumped into your blog while scrolling through a friend of mine’s, and was totally impressed with all that you have done, especially in Bangladesh, (yes I am partial being originally from there) very cool! I also found your blog totally entertaining, it’s probably your style of writing, it makes the mundane things worth reading. And in case you are wondering, I am not a freaky Bengali guy, I am a Bangladeshi American Woman, living in DC :)
All the best wishes!
Where is your cyst located? My cousin has one on his ass.
Post a Comment
<< Home