I hate goodbyes
Here are some pics of the "Goodbye Kolkata!" party I threw for yours truly at a Chinese restaurant. I invited the whole fam to eat noodles and express my gratitude for all their logistical/emotional/key-related support over the summer. I tried to give a little speech at the end of the dinner, but got as far as "Th-Thank for coming tonight...I love you all so much..." before I got totally choked up and incoherent. 
I am pictured here in a sparkly sari with my cousins Parna (Tuna) and Noyona (Bulu). By the way, Bengalis always have 2 names: A bhalo or "good" name and a daknam or "name that everyone actually calls you. I feel a bit short-changed since I only have one.


1 Comments:
Well, after reading up on all of your adventures as of late - I find it hard to believe that someone hasn't found a suitable second name for you at this point!
Hey there, girl - it's been a long time (since Christmas, actually) - so I thought I'd live my life vicariously through you and see where you've been lately.
I'm still here in good 'ol GR and doin' the daily deal. Lots of stuff has happened around CE (again) so write back for some juicy tidbits!
Post a Comment
<< Home