Ten-shaan (Banglish for "Tension")
Hey! Whoa! Where did my summer vacation go?!
Just yesterday I was bellyachin' about how lonely I am and how the days and nights seem endless and now I'm suddenly having to confirm air tickets and shrink wrap furniture in the family flat. I'm not ready! I'm leaving the mud-streaked monsoon sidewalks of Kolkata on this Sunday. Before then I have to (sharp intake of breath)...
1. Finish my interviews. They've been really amazing (I felt like a tool for crying in the middle of two of them--moving and horrific stories of bravery and brutality). My stupid iPod recorder--true to form--has not been as amazing. Oh little white MP3 player, how I hate and love you at the same time!
2. Go shopping. Should I use this time to pack or stock up on cute glass bangles? Now is the time to prioritize.
3. Crush another crush. I developed a (mutual!) crush on a cool, adorable Calcuttan, but he's been too busy working to hang out and get to know each other better. God is clearly spelling it out for me: c-o-n-v-e-n-t.
4. Get Pampered. Actually, I was so excited to give myself a little summer treat that I moved my end-of-summer salon appointment up to Wed from the originally scheduled Saturday. I ordered the "jade package," complete with haircut, manicure, pedicure, facial and eyebrow threading, all for about $30. The hot almond oil hair massage was stellar. I almost proposed to the guy who vigorously rubbed my scalp for half an hour. I could live without the mani/pedi. They are awkward and painful and I feel like a drag queen whenever I wear nail polish for some reason.
5. Get ready for school. Mentally and physically. I may not be back in Worcester so quickly however. My blasted infection came back yet again (though I beat it back this time with a little hot water n' iodine), which made me realize that I need a real surgery asap. No more putting it off. My M.A. may need to take a back seat to my health.
So much to do, so little time.
Ooh, now that my crush broke our dinner date for the evening, I can watch "The Office" and "Arrested Development" on TV...
TKProcrastinator (but never a hater)


1 Comments:
what the hey is "eyebrow threading"?
i think i should get mine waxed. i feel like burt and ernie over here.....
Post a Comment
<< Home