Monday, March 13, 2006

Everbody Outta the Pool!

*Sigh*

Spring break is over. It feels as if it had just begun! Had it not been for a wonderful whirlwind visit from two very special friends, I might have considered it a slight disaster. Let me trace the trajectory of events...

Friday: Waited til the last minute to complete some schoolwork and still didn't get it done, so it was hanging over my head all of break; Learned that wireless connection to my computer was caput

Saturday
: GREAT Luau party; went on an actual date (huge...HUGE)

Sunday: date implies nothing can come of our love-that-lasted-a-lunchtime; start feeling a bit of post-party pain in site of last semester's surgery

Monday: dying of pain but feared another surgery; dilly-dallied and did not work; discovered a cool local diner ("Nuthin's Finer than the Boulevard Diner!" Since 1936)

Tuesday: hospital for surgery; Walgreens for painkillers; discovered my computer had generally bitten the dust; wasted 2.5 hours on computer with Dell service specialist named "Bob" who was located in Kolkata and spoke Bengali but refused to admit name was not actually "Bob" even after incessant prodding

Wednesday: couldn't get out of bed due to pain (Thanks for your help Casey!); saw movie Crash and was disappointed

Thursday
: attempted to finish schoolwork, but passed out on couch from Vicodin haze instead; ate 1/2 box of Jo-Jos (Trader Joe's version of Oreos)

Friday-Saturday: Hobbled about Boston and Cape Cod with excellent pals Christie and Peggy (we missed you M-roo!!!) and current roomates; Dinner in Davis Square with the BEST tofu buffalo wings I have EVER eaten in my life

Sunday: Tried to entertain gracious pals in rainy Worcester, MA

Monday
: Saw friends off (sniffle) and was made to confront the work I never fully finished; Facilitated my discussion section during which the students looked as if they were entering the third stage of rigor mortis from boredom; sent their unenthusiastic bums home 15 min early

4 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I feel better than you were lukewarm about crash. I didn't like it much either, but I felt like perhaps I just wasn't getting something. I know now that if Tanya didn't like it, then clearly it wasn't that special.

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tkp, yr bad computer luck continues! wtf?

what's the deal with your surgery? is this a foot thing? i am not at full brain capacity, so you'll have to forgive me...

in process of constructing master blog to rule them all...will let you know when it is complete.

avg (mrslapointe@yahoo.com)

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Bob's real name was Bhavesh from Kolkata.

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trader Joe's rocks. Tad had his step-brother bring us dried mango, wasabi-sake mustard and "Trader Ming's" hot and sour soup. Sigh - I am so jealous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home