Boo-hoo
I found out yesterday, as did my friend Jacob, that I didn't receive the Boren fellowship. Guess I'll be in exotic Worcester, MA next year rather than dull-old Chiang Mai. Anyway, Jacob decided that he wouldn't take it lying down and drafted a bold counter-rejection letter. I had to share it with you all...
A Rejection Letter
To Whom it May Concern,
Thank you for your letter of April 24. After careful consideration, I
regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me a
Boren fellowship.
This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually
large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field
of candidates it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.
Despite the NSEP's outstanding qualifications and previous experience in
rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at
this time. Therefore, I will assume the position of researcher in Luang
Prabang this August. I look forward to working with you again in the
future.
Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.
Sincerely,
Jacob Kasell


2 Comments:
Oh man not that 'letter', I got that in an email fwd ages ago, I see your friend jacob found a genuwine use for it then eh?
Nice cut'n'paste job btw!
PS I stopped reading the letter after the first paragraph cos' i knew what was gonna come next...
Hiya teepers,
Thought you might be interested in this:
http://www.beerchurch.com/BCweddings.htm
btw cd's in cd format or mp3 4 your b-day
Post a Comment
<< Home