Easter Sunday in New Haven
Holler @ the McNair Scholars Carl and TKP. If you look closely, please note the updated face jewelery.
Ladies love Carl. Here is pictured with yours truly, my pal Preeti, and some of his colleagues from his Harvard days.
Tanya-Jacob fashion show in Bridget's DC bedroom. She has an extensive collection.
Bridget, her roomate Erica, and The Yak man prepare to eat a tasty meal in Bridget's grown-up apartment (most of my furniture is made by the Tupperware corporation). I am sitting in an incredibly ornate gothic library on Yale's main campus in New Haven, CT on a gorgeous spring afternoon. Why, you ask? Because I am visiting my friend Manisha who is a forestry student here. We've had fun relaxing, eating out, and enjoying the weather. Last night we finally saw "Walk the Line" and I love, love, LOVED it. *sigh* Joaquin Phoenix is foxy even as a pill-poppin' failure.
Anyway, I would have to pen a novel to update you adequately, so here are some choice quotes from the past week or so to give you a taste:
"For God, For Country, and For Yale." -Yale University's official slogan thingy. Its on buildings and banners everywhere here.
"Harvard Sucks." -Yale University's unofficial slogan thingy. I saw two people wearing t-shirts that said it today.
"Whatup Dr. TKP!" -C. Oliver, McNair/SROP alum, hanging out in Boston last weekend
"I love them like a fat kid loves cake." -Bridget, remarking on "Thank You" earrings given as a gift for playing hostess to myself and Jacob-pronounced-Yahkub in DC
"You have to be morally and ethically flexible." -USAID staffer responding to a question on personal politics and working for the government
"Why do small people always try to make themselves look bigger? Small is beautiful." -Professor Dave Bell, criticizing the torturous high heels I wore during a presentation I gave last week on Rickshaw Art in Bangladesh
Hope you enjoy the pics...and the nose ring.
au revoir,
TKP


2 Comments:
I know Reese Witherspoon personally. Go Nashville! :)
P.S. Nice nose ring! I wish I had the guts to get one! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home