What part of 'restraining order' don't you understand?
Today I received this email from a guy in Bangladesh named Moinul:
i am very much interested to make relatoinship with you to share each other because i love you at first sight
pls response me now call 88+011-075738
Yes, we all get stalked as foreign women in the 'Desh, but this dude will not let up...even after I got him permanently KICKED OFF the American Center library guest list (where I stupidly gave him my Fulbright business card one day upon his request) for following me home to my apartment in Dhaka one night. I get about two emails per semester from him, usually proposing marriage and the like.
My friend Arif says that all guys have a "creepy gene" sewn into their DNA. I feel that this is incontrovertible evidence.


5 Comments:
But I thought Bangladeshi men are irresistible? How did you ever resist? Perhaps if you were not so “exotic” looking you would not have so many stalkers sweetie!
-Gerbil
at least you know you have options...you know, if the whole "dating people you're interested in" thing doesn't work out.
that's right, always here to point out the silver lining.
Unfortunately yes, this has also happened to me too many times. For reference please refer to all the 'Nazim' posts on my blog. I have the optimistic view that one day, a nice hot POTENTIAL husband, will see me being followed by my groupies and think to himself, 'hmm... maybe I should check this woman out. She seems a bit popular'.
Once, I was in the public library in Dhaka doing research on the history of Bangladesh during the 1600's, when a young man, in his early 20's, fell in love with me (since apparently I knew English so well that I was actually looking at a reference book in English... imagine that... ENGLISH... aren't I a genious?!) and asked me to marry him. Yuck!
Just how Malay women think Bangladeshi men are 'sexy' baffles me. I don't even find them worth my time!
Oh by the way, I deffinately do get a registered mail every other month from a guy in Bangladesh who calls me 'MA', and wants me to adopt him and his brother. Once, he even tracked down my email address and IMed me! Scary how UNirresistable Bangaldeshi men can be!
Awww...don't be so hard on Bangladeshi men! There are stalkers in every culture and country.
I think the problem is that men everywhere seem to be taught that we like it when they aggressively pursue us. I don't know who's responsible for spreading that malicious lie, but I'd like to have a talk with him (yes, definitely a him).
If we like you, you'll know it fellas. And if not, please leave us in peace.
Post a Comment
<< Home