The Reverend TKP
My friends Todd and Kim announced a few months ago that they are getting married. I am incredibly happy for them, but never heard back from Todd after I left a gushing congratulatory message on his voicemail immediately following the announcement.
This weekend Todd (known in some high school debate circles as "T-Bone") called me while I was in DC and asked me to be in their wedding. I was thrilled, but I never expected the second part---that they wanted me to OFFICIATE the ceremony. I was utterly speechless. Of course I said yes and that I was deeply honored. I guess MI is one of the states in the union where you can legally get certified online and perform marriage ceremonies. I'll be like a lil' Indian Joey from Friends or a sea captain or something. Maybe I can use phrases like "Arr, kiss the bride, ye scurvy sea dog!!"
But seriously, I am touched, and totally excited to take part in the marriage of two truly awesome people who are truly awesome for each other.
I know...its hard to imagine me wanting to be the center of attention...


4 Comments:
Tanya - This is so Cool! Can I reserve you for 2010? ;)
- Peggy
How much will you charge for a divorce?
SO Fun! Just make sure you don't lose the copy of their vows like my uncle did during our wedding!! Seriously though, what a lovely honor.
rock on, tkp...can i get an amen?
it's too bad i'm "not marriage material".
did i spell marriage right? marraige...they both look incorrect.
Post a Comment
<< Home