Finals are Fun
A picture stolen from my sister's blog. We rode the bus into Boston last week from Worcester for a packed evening full of shopping (during which she happily "imposed her sense of fashion" on me), yummy Tibetan fusion cuisine, and drinks at swanky club Silvertone. I guess I kinda see the resemblence a little.Ah, finals week is upon us again, and again I am being utterly crushed beneath the wheel of procrastination and lethargy. I truly believe that I am chronically unable to meet a paper deadline. It's quite possible that I have only turned in one paper on time this entire school year. Yes, my professors keep making exceptions and allowing my delinquent work, but when, pray tell, will I learn to take that extra 48 hours and start EARLY!?!?! Even seeing the words "term paper" or "final project" typed on a syllabus months ahead of time invokes a wave of nausea for me, as I am burdened with the knowledge that THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I WILL TURN IT IN ON TIME. The day I turn something in early, make sure you look out the window to check if armageddon is coming.
Sigh, with that in mind, a few interesting quotes from last week. A couple come from my sister's (and my) high school friend Tony, a stoic, aloof, slightly elitist Italian American engineer who often surprises me with his combination of complete provinciality and utter comedic brilliance.
"They could have given me a boot."
-Mom, on immigration policies re: the possiblity of her being deported from the U.S. Mom later conceded to me after some convincing that she meant "the boot."
"It's like I'm dating Tanya."
-Roomate Casey on her a-directional, scatterbrained Belgian-Indian boyfriend Benoit
"Well, have YOU ever spent three months aboard a ship with a member of the fairer sex???"
-Tony, defending and rationalizing sea captains' power to perform marriages
"What are phalanges? People who support the arts?"
-Tony
"First up: Sex in Asia."
-Prof. Dave Bell, horribly mischaracterizing our Project Management group's final project presentation on sex trafficking routes between India and Nepal


1 Comments:
i haven't seen "the fairer sex" in print since i last read an 18th c. novel. kudos to your friend tony.
does he wear "breeches" and those funny collars? or carry a sabre?
Post a Comment
<< Home