Sunday, September 03, 2006

Back To School Headlines

The headlines in the world de TKP for August 28 - Sept 3

Weather in Worcester, MA Reaches New, Gloomier Heights
We don't even get the 'tropical' part of the tropical storms here in Mass. We just get dumped on.

Entering Class of IDCE Promises to be Cooler, Hotter than Class of 2005
I met most of the newbies at the IDCE kick-off potluck (yeah, I said potluck--I attend a hippie school). 90% women, all of them gorgeous, insanely smart and well traveled, and from a range of countries: Austria, Bahamas, China, Nepal, Haiti, South Korea, Bangladesh, Spain to name a few. Oooh and...good spread at the potluck this year. I made tofu pad thai...mmmm...

Assembly of Particle Board Desk Purchased at Staples Drives Feminist to Embrace Gender Stereotypes
I tried. I failed. I cried, then I called my friend Bryon and bought him a case of Sam Adams 'Octoberfest' brew as compensation.

Economists Expect 10% Gain in TKP Productivity This Semester
Even though I'm TAing again, writing an MA paper, expecting to have surgery and dealing with some pest fallout, I hope to be on the ball this year...as evidenced by my writing in my weblog... instead of reading Foucault (which I'm supposed to be doing right now).

2 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Hmmm hmmm...copping the headline format from yours truly? I have once again proven myself to be the weblog trailblazer in this family. AND I can put together a particle board desk all by my lonesome. Neener neener neener.

xoxox

 
At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

because i am beta, and you are not, i can't post comments as my blogger self.

it is like romeo and juliet, only it is beta and html that conspire to keep us apart,. not our (karaoke-lovin') parents.

alas, i shall email you.

angela

 

Post a Comment

<< Home