Saturday, November 11, 2006

Funny Little Frog

*A HUGE SIGH of RELIEF*

I am done with this most Hellish of Hellish weeks. For the next two weeks, I have minimal classes, less job stress and plenty of time to start working on my three large final papers ahead of time. Two of which I have actual drafts written for. This is HUGE. Then I'm cruising into an ultra chilled Thanksgiving break in my hometown of Grand Rapids for a week to kick it with my family and lament the "discovery" of the so-called New World. Mmm...soy turkey and indignation...mmm...

Some random notes from the week

1) No, I didn't vote. Yes, I'm a deadbeat citizen.

2) I just got the New Belle and Sebastian album "Life Pursuit." Fantastico.

3) Lots of other new music as well. Have you heard of Sufjan Stevens, the Michigan-born Christian folk guy who's on an ambitious mission to make a themed album about each one of the 50, nifty United States? He's amazingly talented. His song 'Casmir Pulaski Day' made me cry the first time I heard it (it's on the "Illinois" album).

4) My family is going to go see Julius Caesar all together in Ann Arbor today. My parents are so cute---they even bought the Cliff Notes to "study up" ahead of time. I'm sad (and frankly feel a bit betrayed) that they went without yours truly. Et tu, familay?

3 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger Kim said...

1) Yes, yes you should be ashamed of yourself.

2) I kind of hate Belle and Sebastian, although based on my musical taste I am supposed to like them.

3a) Sufjan Stevens first state themed album is called "Greetings from Michigan." It is very hard to come by.

3b) You might like Camera Obscura...I love them. (There are two Camera Obscura bands, one is metal, one is Scottish. The Scottish one is good.)

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

YOU didn't vote? Ooooo, I'm telling Mrs. Snow.

Also, JW has been listening to Sufjan Stevens for a few years now. He's got a lot of his music I'm sure he'd be willing to share.

Finally, Caesar was fantastic. Daddy sat next to a woman from Chicago who would recognize lines just in time to say the last word out loud along with the actors. You can imagine how anti-climactic her "___ ___ Brute?" was.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger angela said...

for real, this time, tkp--we have to meet up for lunch.

that better be the last time you skip out on voting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home