Diwali pics, Part I
This is just the first installment. Even better pics to come. These ones are a bit dark, but I honestly couldn't wait. Enjoy.
A paratha for TKP. My friend Ann makes me some food. I missed the dinner because I was too busy having three people wrap a sari around me. All that was left when I emerged from my room at 8:30pm was some beans with bamboo and tomato pulao. Good thing we had some of those frozen Indian breads hidden in the freezer.
People were actually sore Sunday and Monday from dancing so much! Definitely a sign of a rockin' party. So much Indian garb this year, but curiously only on the women...hmmm...
Usha decorates Devin's with traditional henna designs (mehndi). Usha is also an amazing trained classical Indian dancer and a textiles artist. She designed the outfit she wore to the party.

Me with college buddy Preeti who's just returned from India (and just cut her hair!) and the IDCE/CEDA debate world's famous Melissa Horn. MeHorn was killin' that sari!!! Tall women look fabulous in saris. Sigh.


2 Comments:
The lighting in the first picture is fantastic! It looks photojournalistic...like a professional took the picture.
I hope there are pictures of you dancing. I just busted out my iPod to listen to the Devdas soundtrack!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home