Monday, October 02, 2006

good things about today

1. It was warm enough to wear a T-shirt today. I DEFINITELY rocked my new "Fraggle Rock" tee.

2. I got to use my new running shoes and wow, did it make a difference. Did you know you're supposed to replace them like every 6-12 months? There are some pairs of trainers I've clung to since the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

3. I made it through a dense feminist theory article that employed phrases such as "scientistic, positivist arrogance" and words like "phallogocentrisim," defined as "nostalgia for the presence of the one true Word." It took me like 3 hours to read 12 pages, but I feel as though I've hiked the social theory equivalent of Mt. Kilamanjaro.

4. I sucessfully appropriated Biggie Smalls phraseology today. Someone asked me how my love life was and I replied simply that "honies play me close like butta play toast."

1 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your lack of academic pretension, in combination with your penchant for urban American dialects, makes you rock my socks. By the way, I met Katie in Madison today and it was awesome. Now I must go cross-comment on her blog about said encounter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home