Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Lex Luther is a bike thief

All of the bikes in our apartment building were stolen this summer. Every solitary one, including my roomate Lisa's expensive custom-made bike she ordered from Hawaii.

When I broke the news to her last weekend upon her return from Brazil, she was both devastated and bewildered. "How could they have stolen it? There was a Kryptonite lock and everything."

I was astounded. "KRYPTONITE lock?" I asked. She nodded, acknowledging my agreement in the shock of the theives' cunning. In reality, I was impressed by her ownership of such an elusive lock.

"I didn't even know kryptonite was real...you can buy locks made of it?"

4 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i recently read that someone successfully hacked a kryptonite bike lock with a bic pen. so much for kryptonite. hopefully the theif will be riding it and the wheel will fall off. then there will be justice in the world.
take care,
a fan of your blog

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jeremy hacked his own bike lock (also kryptonite, i think) with a bic pen.

i suspect an inside job...

you are freakin' adorable, tkp!

angela

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Carl said...

If it is a unique bike there are probably only a few in the woo. If one is spotted she could be pretty sure and she could approach the driver and confidently go mike tyson on him/her.

I'm not sure about your email so just in case, here is the link to the tickets


http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=TDC&pid=5815362

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Carl said...

I meant this one, I need more sleep

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=TDC&pid=5815362

 

Post a Comment

<< Home