Columbus Day, Laundry & Pumpkins
Today (Monday) is Columbus Day or rather--as we cultural anthropology types like to think of it--a national day of mourning for the invasion of a continent already populated with millions and the destruction of hundreds of indigenous cultures. The original Clash of Civilizations.
In either case, the "holiday" has gifted me with a long weekend--a weekend which I have successfully wasted. I did spend much of Friday and Saturday doing all those little things I "never have time" to do during the week. Washed a month's worth of laundry. Put together a bookshelf I bought last March. It was satisfying although the process reinforced my suspicion that I simply cannot think in 3-dimensions looking at a 2-D picture.
Oh yes, and I finally set up (and by "set up" I mean plugged in and turned on) my brand new laptop #2. Having internet at home is both a blessing and a curse. I spent the better half of yesterday catching up on 3+ years of pop culture and watching videos of Jon Stewart and Shakira on the internet. Did you know she's an extraordinarily talented belly dancer? I sure didn't.
Sigh. This weblog post is merely further procrastination. I should be reading an article on environmental racism right now. My roomates are going to the pumpkin patch today to select squash and drink apple cider. Perhaps I'll tag along and delay my MA thesis just liiiiitle longer...
In the words of my friend Peggy, "I need a shot of motivation...stat!"
TKP


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home