Ode to Brunch
...or, I know you unbuttoned the top button of your pants in public last summer.
(To the tune of "Ode to Joy")
Brunchy, brunchy
How I munch thee!
Sweet and sultry mid-day meal.
Brunchy, so-much-more-than lunchy,
How to explain how I feel?
I start offy
With some hot coffee
Rich, dark brew from lands afar!
But it varies---
Bloody marys
and Mimosas from the bar!
There'll be blue skies
If there's homefries
and sausage made by Morningstar.
Brunchy, brunchy
Sometimes crunchy
Sometimes salty
Sometimes sweet
If there's waffles
AND falafel
I'll just make more room to eat!


3 Comments:
Oh my Tanya's back!
Remember when you made Isaac into a sandwich one night in Malibag? He has taught three of my friends to play that with him.
GOD, I love you! Glad to have you back in cyberland. :) Thanks for the great laugh!
the breakfast of a poetic genius! how in the world do you turn a kid into a sandwich btw?? -Moni
Post a Comment
<< Home