Thursday, June 28, 2007

Catch-26

"So, what do you want to be when you grow up?"

The woman interviewing me for a temporary job today playfully replaced the standard "where do you see yourself in five years" question with this respectful inquiry. Either my three recently discovered grey (shockingly white, actually) hairs had gone utterly unnoticed or they counted for nada.

I'd like to be an agist, presumptuous middle manager, I mused.

I get it. I am at that point in my youth where I am too young to be taken seriously in a professional setting, but too old to use phrases such as "I'm just chillin'" or wear a pink tube top and/or faux fur covered cowboy hat to go clubbing. Carrie Bradshaw might call it a Catch-26. The awkward pre-teen years of adulthood. The Middle School of my post-educational life.

Should I reach for a tether ball, or a box of Garnier Nutrisse hair dye? I wish I knew.


TKP

*p.s.---Thank Goddess my blog is private now...

7 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Meg Daniel said...

Go with Loreal, girl. It is much easier on your hair. :)

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Christie said...

Ha! Catch-26, I am so using that! That and I love the phrase, meeting of the minds. I can't explain it. Also - love the new subtitle. Come to the dark side, we have cookies!

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Bride said...

My cousin also likes reading your blog. Please add him. His email address is kfaruq@gmail.com. Thanks!

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Bride said...

Oh and for covering up greys/white hairs garnier is the best. its more gentle. However if you are trying to change the color of all your hair, for our hair types, Feria works best. Trust me... I've got lots of experience... gotta find a husband! :)

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Jennet said...

That's ok, TKP, I got mistaken for a 22 year old intern the other day.
BACK IN THE USA! Call me soon, I need your number!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I got carded to buy a lottery ticket last week. I'm f*cking 30.

I refuse to act my age, and it's not because I have a problem with getting older. I can't wait to have gray hair and the aura of wisdom. But I'll still have my nose pierced and I'm considering another tattoo.

So enjoy your adult puberty, and I hope you come out on the other side rockin' that pink tube top and wearing glitter eyeshadow my friend! I'll meet you at the club wearing my black nail polish.

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well my sister...at least in post-educational middle school you can eat lots of cookies and stay up wayyy past your bed time :) Grab the tether ball and live it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home