Thursday, May 24, 2007

Return to the Burbs



Above are pictures from our post-graduation party. In our usual P. family style, Dad and I brought the house down with karaoke, dancing and a special appearance from The King of Rock n' Roll. It may have been the most raucous party IDCE has ever seen.

Hello everyone. This is TKP, M.A. I am writing this post from the suburbs of West Michigan where I came of age.


I graduated from Clark University last Sunday, and it was a bittersweet weekend. It's wonderful that my Dad could make it out to Mass to see the ceremony/provide the Elvis-based entertainment, but it was painful to pack up the two years of books, particle board furniture and thrift store clothing that had become my life in Worcester. As much as I complained about that place, I was devastated to leave. I will miss my amazing friends and the extraordinary community at IDCE of which I was honored to be a part.


In some ways, things back home in MI are the same. My bedroom carpet still bears the pee stains of a tiny, Yorkshire-Bischond mix pup. I am still--as my friend Mindy so graciously pointed out last night--rockin' the denim jean shorts (did they go out of fashion within the past 4 years?). In other ways, things are different. I am now a Master of Arts/the Universe. It's tough to readjust to living in a place where you have to drive everywhere. And I'm 26, not 16. The summer will be more about job hunting than about The Price is Right, sadly.
Come on down.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home