April in Review

What did I do this month of April, when I was supposed to be hunting for jobs but utterly failed? I'm happy you asked. For starters, I celebrated my 26th birthday on April 28th, as did my lovely friend Usha. We were together at midnight on our birthday.
I consistently used being finished with my thesis as an excuse to dawdle and party. We threw an MA paper recovery party in late March.
I became the leader singer of a semi band with my friends Sergey and Justin, hard-workin' PhD students. I just wanted to get together and learn some new chords. Sergey showed up at my house with a drumming program, $1,000 dollars worth of electronic music equipment, and a bassist.
I attended the "social change retreat," where, in typical IDCE feel-good fashion, we went to an old New England house (the Quaker House of Worcester, actually) near the woods and shared our thoughts and feelings. It was great.
I danced a half-improvised Bollywood number at the IDCE annual Spring Fling (our grad school semi-formal). Meri haathon, me nau nau chudiyare...


3 Comments:
Good heavens! The blog is back!
yay for being back!
Tan Tan,
Happy belated birthday old lady! Call me sometime.
Love,
Bamber
Post a Comment
<< Home