Semester-end ruminations
I am sneezing from the dense layer of New England pollen that coats the air. Finally.
I've been waiting a minor eternity for the days I could prance about Worcester in a denim skirt without feeling ridiculous. Well, I still feel ridiculous, but it's more because of the thousands of mosquito bite and infection scars on my legs from last summer in India. My shins could give the average leopard a run for her money.
Why am I suddenly rambling inanely after such a long blog hiatus, you might wonder? Well naturally, it's because I have papers to write, most of which are tragically overdue. Life has been hectic and I have checked out in terms of school. Scouring the internet for jobs, dreaming up ways to peddle my personal belongings, and garnering the strength to say goodbye to dear friends and loves lost has been occupying most of my mental space. It's hard to crank out the 20 pages on Gender and Development Policy from a Neoclassical Economic Perspective when my wee brain is abuzz with so much other stuff.
I am going back to Michigan for an undetermined amount of time after May 21st. I'm so excited to see all of you, my dear friends, and to take a couple of months to de-compress from graduate school. It's been a trying, difficult two years, full of academic, intellectual and emotional growing pains. But I feel the better for it. When I walk across that graduation stage a couple of Sundays from now, I'll have to try not to burst into tears. That certificate will mean so much more to me than simply "she met her skills course requirements."
You've all been a part of that....
TKP


4 Comments:
TKP, we are so proud of all you have accomplished. Congratulations on reaching the end of this road. Life will surely continue to take you on an amazing adventure. Can't wait to see you in June! Love ya!!
Funny, I'm writing the same paper. Wanna "collaborate"?
When are you running for president?
i mean it--i better get to see you this time! you must meet la luz!
CONGRATULATIONS MS. GANGULY!!! After all, it's in your name. ;)
Gangopadhyay = scholar who settled along the Ganga river.
-monassis
Post a Comment
<< Home