Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I Thee Wed

"That's T as in Tuesday, A-N-Y-A..."

I spelled out my name to over the phone to a staff person at the quaint Detroit Inn where I stayed over the Memorial Day weekend. "Oh, is this Reverend Tanya?" asked the person at the front desk. "Yes, this is she." I had to resist the temptation to end the conversation with a heartfelt "God Bless."

I was honored (and excited...and a shade nervous) to be in the wedding of my friends Kim and Todd this past weekend. I've never been in a wedding before, and the bar was set quite high...I was the one officiating the ceremony. I did my best to look official as I donned a blue and gold sari and stood underneath an old willow tree behind Detroit's historic Inn on Ferry Street. Pictures to come. Thirty minutes before the ceremony, I nervously fanned myself in my hotel room because I couldn't make it through the ceremony readings without choking or tearing up. In the end, everyone said it went beautifully. Other than a minor word slip-up here and there and an *almost* accident involving the bride's ring and my chubby left pointer finger, it was smooth sailin'. I am so happy for them I want to cry.

2 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rev. TKP...you were brilliant. Is it creepy that I just found your little online world? Oh well. You live in Michigan again, be my friend.

hugs,

Laura

laura.sorensen@gmail.com
email me, jerk.

 
At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

where are the pictures???
monassis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home