Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Home Sweet Productivity Blackhole

Last night I watched TV for hours...from 8:00 to almost midnight. I had all day the next day to work on my resume, I reasoned to myself. The best part of the evening was the "Legacy of Star Wars" documentary on the History channel. They interviewed a bunch of historians who analyzed Lucas' historical subtexts of democracy and dictatorship evident in the portrayal of The Empire in the Star Wars movies. "So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause?" Work it, Queen Amidala! Nerd-tactular...

Further procrastination tactics today:
1. Making myself a delicious lunch of sauteed kale and fake chicken parmigiana
2. Text messaging my friend who works at a paper mill in Wisconsin
3. Chatting online with a handsome young Marxist
4. Gossiping on the phone with my friend who is leaving for a two-week excursion to China tomorrow. PRC! PRC!
5. Working out with my gal pals from my old office job
6. Dinner with an old debate buddy

Sigh. Back to hammering out that objective statement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home