Wednesday, June 20, 2007

"job searching"

Summer highlights: seeing good friends. Hung out with fellow blogger Mama Meghan and DJ Peggy this week. Nothing cures what ails ya like some BBQ and homemade sangria at home and Bell's Oberon at the local pub. Naturally, I forgot to bring my ID and had to drive home to get it in the middle of some juicy gossip. Quotable moments of the evening: "Someone's gonna get you" (Meghan, re: why the basement is terrifying and requires one to jet up the stairs in a panic). "You can quote me---committment ceremonies are kinda gay" (Peggy, LGBT activist).

Celebrating my sister and Josh's successful passage of the Dental Board Exam. Dad took us to P.F. Chang's (what's Mandarin for "I desire to bathe in a tub of your delicious homemade hot soy dipping sauce?"). I had just returned from wine tasting in Cali that week---an informational tidbit of which our server was painfully aware as I pretentiously ordered a pre-dinner beverage that I swirled for the better half of the meal.


Sigh. Ennui. My existence lately revolves around internet job searching and Blockbuster Video's "Total Access" program. I highly recommend The Science of Sleep, by the way. I don't recommend The Devil Wears Prada. Oh, and I recently saw The Sixth Sense in its entirety for the first time in my life. A good flick. You should see it (if you too missed the chance back in 1999).
Really, I don't know what to blog about. Other than periodically seeing my sister and good friends from home, the most notable thing that happened to me this past week and a half was seeing four enormous wild turkeys in our backyard one morning. Really, they were each roughly the size of one of those big, boxy drinking fountains from the 80s.

4 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Blogger Christie said...

Those quotes are definitely worthy of the 829 quote board. Sigh and tear for missing it!

Also, Tickles, you failed to mention the highlight of today - namely, our discussion of communism, the People's Republic, and stuff.

(Cue Charlie Brown Sad Walking Music) I'll be over here, walking away, with my head down. C-love

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Last night was a blast for sure!
Too bad you couldn't make it C!

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You gals all look like you could still be in college. I totally wouldn't have served any of you under-agers. I wish I could say the same.

Live the Dream

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Monsoon Wind said...

nice necklace. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home