Monday, September 20, 2004

Jet Lag Mas Grande

Well, it's 3:00am Bombay time, and I'm still wide awake. I have major jet lag. I woke up at 3:30pm this afternoon, so I guess my body is still functioning somewhere between Eastern Standard and Greenwich Mean Time. My poor cousin Reeha is trying to get some sleep and I think I'm keeping her up with the click-clack of my typing, so I'll try to be brief...

My other cousin Kunal was gracious enough to take me out on the town tonight with some of his friends. I got to do one of my favorite things in the world--ride a motorcycle through a crowded Asian city. The feeling is something like flying combined with the rush one gets when performing death-defying stunts (swerve, bus, swerve, cow, school children, etc.)We had some beers at a sports bar while watching the India-Pakistan cricket match and then headed to a Thai place for some excellent curry. It was absolutely fabulous. I wish I knew how to say that in Thai.

The streets are even more hectic and crowded than usual due to Gonpati, or Gonesh Puja (festival for the Hindu God Gonesh). People are dancing wildly in the streets to loud drums and there are Christmas-like lights all over the city. It's really beautiful. I tried to snap some photos while rushing by on the bike, but they didn't turn out well.

Well, I'm going to try forcing myself to sleep now. I bid you all adieu.

TKP

1 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya,

sorry we could not connect before you left... Your cyperspace is out of this world, especially the Mt. Saint Helen...I hope the eruptions have subsided..drink plenty of safe liquids...hope you can e mail me

vj

 

Post a Comment

<< Home