Home Sweet Snowbank
I'm back in sunny Grand Rapids, Michigan and have been bumming around for the past two days doing absolutely nothing--except for downloading MP3's and stuffing chocolate-covered pretzels into my pie hole. My flight from Boston to GR was a bit wistful. After spending days basking in the cultural glow of Boston (attending craft fairs in Harvard Yard! seeing foreign films!), I was harshly greeted at the Detroit airport by discordant hanging participles ("where's my seat at?") and a sea of green-and-brown speckled hunting hats. I certainly am back in MI.
Oh, I shouldn't be so hard on my home state. It is shaped like a mitten afterall, which is pretty impressive. I'm happy to be spending time w/ my family and friends. My sister and I are trying to get our parents to see "Pride and Prejudice" with us, but Dad says it's "too academic." His vote is for King Kong. Shame on Peter Jackson for that, by the way (my lack of school work has made me something of an amateur film critic lately). They should have gotten him on board for "Chronicles of Narnia." Did you know that J.R.R. Tolkein and C.S. Lewis were both colleauges and friends? A little Nerd-Of-The-Rings trivia for ya (like that Mindy?).
Anyway, I better go finish the 5 loads of laundry I brought home. I don't know why/from where I get so many clothes. I despise shopping most of the time, and my personal appearance clearly occupies a spot near the bottom of my "priorities" list. It's a mystery indeed.
Gettin' my whites whiter,
TKP


1 Comments:
Peace on Earth...
Post a Comment
<< Home