Just Face It

I am now on Facebook. I am ashamed.
I never thought I'd be part of an exclusive and collegy online website where one has to email someone and ask permission to be "friends," where "random hookup" is actual option on certain drop down menus, and where the hitherto non-contiguous nouns FACE and BOOK are strung together with impunity! But alas, I am now on the cyber bandwagon. Maybe it will enhance my job networking opportunities after grad school. Or perhaps just my income-generating ones (hey--we all need blood plasma!).
I have six friends: five people I know from my time in Bangladesh and my sister. Does this make me a cyber loser? I just don't know.
The most embarassing part is that I thought it was literally some kind of book of peoples' faces, so my profile picture is pretty much the LARGEST PICTURE OF MY FACE that I could find at the time. When I later noted that people had quirky pictures of themselves (some even featuring things like scenery and other people!) on their facebook pages, I realized that I had--in the words of Michael Bluth--"just made a huge mistake." Literally. My face is HUGE.


5 Comments:
at least it's a hot picture of you!
Why don't you use the one from Halloween with you in the M & M costume???? That would be my pick!!! :) -Fuego
That picture is gorgeous. Wanna make out?
well, myspace can't be too far behind then!
You need to accept me as your friend, for the sake of the children. I mean, for facebook. I appreciated your Michael Bluth quotation, by the way.
Post a Comment
<< Home