Monday, November 13, 2006

Newsworthy Notes

News items from the world of TKP and the world at large...

TKP to DEMOCRACY LOVIN' PEERS: THROW ME A BONE HERE

Wow, I can't believe the amount of friend backlash I've gotten for not voting in last week's election. In my defense, I am in MA but registered in MI and I am faaaaar too lazy to get an absentee ballot. No? Nothing?

ISLAM to WEST: KISS OUR COLLECTIVE ASS

Apparently, leaders of the "Islamic World" and the "Western World" are meeting to discuss the ever-deepening chasm between the two unproblematic categories, especially over the Israel-Palestine conflict. Who's moderating the discussion, Samuel Huntington?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6142308.stm

ANGELINA JOLIE ROCKS BOLLYWOOD

Angelina Jolie showed up on a commuter train in Mumbai this week during a shooting for a film. I can't help feeling that another 'Third World' adoption is imminent.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6144852.stm

A DEER GOT ITS HEAD CAUGHT IN A PLASTIC HALLOWEEN JACKOLANTERN

This was literally a headline on a cable news show I happened across today while in the grocery store. Over and over they replayed this image of a bewildered and blinded deer staggering helplessly about the woods. Is this really what makes news these days? If it were FoxNews, they'd probably blame the deer-jackolantern incident on the Democrats for being soft on crime or something.

TKP TO ATTEMPT MAKING 'TOFU RANCHEROS' FOR HER 8:00am FEMINIST GEOGRAPHY CLASS WED. MORNING

I bought all the ingredients this evening, but am nervous about some disaster like undercooked tofu, too much spice, etc. It has to be perfect so that my professor will forgive me for sleeping through my alarm twice this semester in addition to never being on time. Not once.

1 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Feminist Geography? Do tell!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home