Beware the ides of March
Rarghurgahr (disgruntled noise).
I just had my MA paper review session (which is like the IDCE version of a 'thesis defense') and I must admit it was a bit rough. 8:15am is not my cup of tea or coffee, and for all of the thinking, reading and writing I've done for this paper, I felt a bit flustered. I should be in a different place than I am right now. The paper has evolved a lot, but more in large, gooey ideological chunks than in one coherent document. I have alot to do in the next couple of weeks before submitting the final FINAL draft.
As a desparate diversion tactic, I brought food for my committee members ("readers" in IDCE-speak), including baby bananas. Probably a bad move considering that Cynthia Enloe--well noted for her book Bananas, Beaches and Bases, which exposes the gendered politics of fruit farms among other things--is my second reader. Perhaps I should have just clubbed a baby seal at the meeting instead.
Sigh. And more good news: the warm streak will end dramatically as a severe winter weather storm is being predicted for tomorrow (it hit 70 degrees in Worcester yesterday!). I didn't know mid March would be so crappy. I wish someone would have warned me. Oh.


1 Comments:
sorry your day was so rough! (it was my birthday, so the ides treated me fairly well). about those baby bananas--they're very sweet! almost like an anti-banana...
Post a Comment
<< Home